Here at APD, we’re switched-on and passionate about what we do. You could say we’re the quirky creative types, techie gurus, connoisseurs. Personally, we call ourselves geeks with goals and we do things differently around here. We are a down-to-earth bunch and we know our stuff.
So what do we make? Well, here’s the exciting bit. Right here – in Hull – we develop some of the most critical software and infrastructure for the national emergency services. We serve customers in every corner of the country, with one in every two UK police forces using APD technology today.
We also support the transport and aviation sectors. You’ll find APD technology at the heart of both the London Underground and Gatwick Airport. Further afield, we’ve secured contracts in Sweden at Karolinska hospital and with the Swedish Police, as well as in Ireland and Iceland. We also keep the world’s busiest international passenger airport connected – none other than Dubai Airport.
Our Hull-pedigree stretches back over 30 years. Founded by two academics from the University of Hull, UK, we’re uber-local in everything we do.
We’re proud of the role we play, improving people’s lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, we’re going to make a difference to millions of people more.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide – this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
JOB DESCRIPTION – Product Manager
Purpose of Job
A Product Manager is responsible for managing a set of products or product lines over the life of the product from ideation through development, launch sale, and finally discontinuance. They interface between the market and the product team during development representing the voice of the customer.
Head of Product Strategy & Innovation
Remote working available with regular travel to Hull Office.
Key responsibilities of a Product Manager include:
· Identifying potential products
· Conducting market research and developing suitable product strategy documentation
· Generating product requirements at Roadmap and EPIC levels
· Determining specification, product life cycles, pricing, and time-integrated plans
· Ensure that products maximise revenue opportunities in terms of modularity – ensuring we can deploy at a range of price points and upsell additional capabilities over time
· Developing marketing strategies
· Arrange, booking and running user groups
· Maintaining the User Community, ensuring weekly product communications are shared that keep people excited and engaged
· Proactively manages the Product Lifecycle, communicating it regularly to the company and customers
· Build relationships with NEC/NPS colleagues to ensure that, where appropriate, our products are capable of being joined up at both business process and technological levels
· Understand technology and keep abreast with the latest technology
· Research competitors, relevant products, market trends and regularly updates their product strategy to meet the best commercial outcome
· Ensure we understand open standards to ensure ease of interoperability
· Get to market fast by ensuring we create the smallest amount of technology possible by using open source and available technology
· Any other duty as reasonably requested by the Head of Product Strategy and Innovation or any other senior manager in the business
Skills and Experience
· Leadership. Able to hold an audience of customers, technical people, partners and colleagues fully engaged and excited in furthering the product strategy and delivery.
· World class product insight. Ideas that inform direction and prioritisation.
· Commercially savvy. Able to conduct accurate return on investment calculations to steer the products.
· Excellent research skills. Research competitors, markets, customers, requirements and use it to inform the very best product strategies that lead to market leadership and commercial growth.
· Decision maker. Able to make tough decisions in the best interests of the product, market, customer and company.
· Commercially savvy. Ability to create accurate return on investment calculations that deliver desired commercial outcomes which result in both increased market share and profitable growth.
Employees of APD Communications are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. A Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check will be required and dependent on the role further checks may be required.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.
© 2020 RemoteJobs.store. Built using NextJS and Vercel.
Uses RemoteOK and Remotive APIs.