As a Product Manager of the Data and Analytics Platform, you execute the roadmap enabling the strategic use of data at Yelp. Your priority will be enabling data capture and data transformation standards which enable Data Scientists and Business Analysts to provide data products at scale. You will execute this mission by enabling governance measures on data producers and data consumers in support of key platform capabilities such as event logging/click-stream instrumentation, data transformation, and data visualization.
You will consult with product owners to understand metric definitions and document how they inform decisions at Yelp. You will partner closely with the Data Governance team to help implement data quality rules, automating the discovery of data anomalies and underlying quality issues. This is a unique opportunity to drive work on large engineering investments and build data products which enable data driven decisions at Yelp. Successful candidates have excellent communication skills, technical knowledge, and product focus.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Where You Come In
- Own your team's products, end-to-end, from ideation to launch
- Partner with multiple engineering teams to build meaningful and unified data products, to serve as the basis for all analysis at the company
- Coordinate and communicate data needs amongst stakeholders throughout the company, including product, engineering, machine learning, data science, business analyst, and marketing teams
- Execute on new Data Products and features in collaboration with Data Engineering, Data Science, and Executive Leadership
- Operationalize how Yelp describes the interactions of millions of users throughout our data, and contribute to strategic initiatives focused on how to best leverage that information to solve our most urgent business problems
What It Takes To Succeed
- You have at least 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager.
- You've got technical chops. You have experience in Product Analytics, Data Science or Business Analytics Problem solver with a product mindset.
- You call yourself a problem solver. You love to solve complex issues and constantly think about how to make processes more efficient.
- You have a natural curiosity and passion for understanding the Big Picture and the key metrics that provide insights to our products and user behaviors.
- You're able to communicate to engineers and executives in the same breath. This is a highly cross functional role that will require close communication across Yelp’s executive team while also helping set vision for a large group of engineers.
- Bonus: Experience with very high availability, mission critical core infrastructure and/or data engineering.
Local businesses are turning to Yelp because we’re uniquely positioned to help them reach their customers during these challenging times. Our Engineering & Product teams have responded by quickly identifying their needs and building innovative products and features to support them. Our commitment to connecting people with great local businesses has never been stronger.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.